Kenya

so much vile has tarnished
my womb,
so many tears have eroded
the peace of my children,
so much injustice
has crippled the hope
of my loved ones,
so much pain has made
my Kenyans feel orphaned.

I did not give birth
to gluttons and hyenas,
I did not curse my children
with draught and famine,
I did not close my eyes
to their sufferings,
I did not forget to be a parent.

my children are of diverse cultures,
each with blooming smiles
and unique heritage,
they are brothers and sisters
from the same womb,
that’s how I know
they will stand united
when they called to be counted as Kenyans.

they learnt from the demons
that invaded as in 2007
they learnt from the blood spilt,
the lives lost in that aftermath of elections,
just the other day they stood together
to help their brothers & sisters
in the northeastern,
just the other day they found peace at home.


shame be on whoever
stirs evil amongst my children,
curses be on whoever steals from them,
my children are blessed,
they are heroes and heroines
in their own stature,
my children stood together before
and I know they will stand again together
when they are called to be Kenyans .
©™Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

Word play