'FORGOTTEN' REGRETS




'Forgotten' regrets,
Request denied.
I can't escape these cold facts
That I too share this act.
Reflecting back in time
To that one specific moment or the other,
That I wish didn't happen as it did.

Regret that plagues my mind
Every now and then
Making my me reel with what if.
As if such torture can change
Even a little of the past.
Staring longingly at yester days,
Willing a magic eraser be at hand
So I can rub that specific point clean
And paint a new picture
Hence forever changing the present.

Just a simple wish
From a heart that does get weak
As thoughts of the past
Hold my mind hostage from time to time.
Playing the many different scenarios
Of how things could have happened differently
Then maybe today
I would be reflecting on a satisfied life.

Fact is,
What's past is past.
A chapter in life lived, written and sealed
In days gone by
Only to be recalled in memory,
Not altered in any form.
What else to do other that reconcile with me
That the past is the past.
Today is what matters most.
And so I learn from past mistakes and regrets,
To make today my better,
Tomorrow my best!

No point always looking back
For I plan not to go that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club