Thorns of my Afterlife.

I grew up in the village,
to a generation o peasants,
I was taught to work hard
to sweat and bleed my hands.

I sat for my K.C.P.E.
determined to shape my destiny,
to follow my dreams,
of a life with no poverty.

The same for my K.C.S.E,
I gnawed my teeth
all through the night and evenings,
and when the results come,
life had watered its challenges.

Now am in campus,
and am determined to soar above,
but this after life
is one I never thought of,

It’s a whole new universe.
Of sexually oriented perverts,
every second, third and fourth year
wants to whisper his “future in your ears”

All in exchange of “simple” companionship,
they like wolves after an injured sheep,
they are crowding my life,
am losing air, I can’t breathe.

Whistles and ridiculous stares.
Is this the life o a first year?
of pre-planned lies
and shameless fears.

I have overcome so many obstacles,
now you are pouring thorns on my path,
to a moment I have wanted forever,
to a chance to make my life better!!
™©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club