My Father’s House




I never had a perfect life,
I never was a poet,
I was an outcast
with barely a friend
to pretend they were my friend.

I had been to Nairobi before,
come squandered my life away,
lost myself in alcohol and sex,
It’s been three years;

 I left Nairobi a broken heart,
A bruised soul.
I crawled back home,
quit school and everything I knew,

Three years on am back to Nairobi,
An enlightened fella,
A focused lad,
God had given me a chance of redemption,


Given me a talent salvaged from suffocation,
Shown me there was more to life than teenage affairs,
Thanks to him
Am a poet.

Thanks to him,
 am your friend,
Thanks to him,
 I get a chance to influence your life ,
thanks to him,
 am mature enough
to see right from wrong,
to know that I will be alright.
™©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club