plastic friends, plastic emotion




am chewing my bones,
I have been hurt enough
the pain is no more,
am skinning  myself,
licking this blood
dripping down my arms.

am watching my soul
leave my body
listening to my heartbeat
Slow to  a crawl,
am smiling at how deep
my cuts are,
smiling at how my problems
seem to be dwarfed by the pain in my eyes,

the pretence of your smiles
no longer nourishes
the migraines in my heart,
the friendship of my “dear friends”
kills me more,
reminds me of the weak, sick young lad I was,

I see the joy as they shed tears for me,
see them weary as they give me comfort,
I have seen it all before,
felt the atmosphere fill with pity and disgust,
am holding this breathe in my lungs,
holding this minute from ticking away,

you can leave! go!, I made it before!,
recollected my “weak,petty”self back
to the top of the world.
I have swallowed egg yolks and slugs,
I know disgust on first name basis
and your plastic self is a disgrace to my intelligence,
Go!, keep away!
™©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club