THE RISING SUN part 2



We survived to see the rising sun of black power

The ascent of our ancestors back to the throne

Where they were removed with guns and treaties

With sweets and freebies



I can now feel the blood of Shaka in me

As I traverse this jangle of a city

Striving to be the best that I can ever be

The best that my black brain can generate

New inventions I will create

Our stolen tradition we will reclaim

Rebuild the Gedi ruins and serve it in hells kitchen

Before dishing it out at hells gate

The nature at its best, heavenly

The darkness of night resembles my past

But I now look at the dawn

Waiting on me to shine bright

I will be the next Ali stinging like a bee

I will be the next orator living as it is

I will make the color of my skin a plus not a curse

I need not fear the sun I will toil in it, hard work

I need not fear the long hours of darkness

The sun shines more than I require

I will make the Dark Continent a source of dark light

A beautiful majestic source of world leading ideas

I will shun all the critics, the mean things

I will rise from the ashes of the dark coal

And burn as bright as the lava flow

Create new dimensions with the overflow

Of intelligence and skills

Endurance and pleasant strength

Passed on to me from generations



I am the son of a warrior

The bearer of good things

I will be greater than you think

I will be the morning star

Black we are



After all the absence of light is darkness

And in the beginning there was dark

We have always been there.



By Mahebo Robert
( Inspired by ™Kaffy Mwangi’s  ‘©The Rising Sun’)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club