Letting It ALL Burn!

I want to burn this addiction away
tie it all up and set it ablaze,
watch it burn up,
hear it scream like an excorsised demon,
I want to smell its flesh burn,
watch its blood turn black,
I want to smell its roasting body
and see smoke raise,
am tired of leaving under its control,
tired of falling every time I get up,
tonight I make a stand,
decide my freedom
over this sick addiction,
I can no longer hide it,
Nor stand it,
It has become my breath,
my very life.
NO! NO! NO!
I have come too far
to crumble here,
I have suffered long enough
to stay quiet any longer.
Tonight I stand my ground,
take my torch and
pour gas on my hay.
Am burning this up!
Burning all sins,
All joys, all satisfactions
That this addiction brings me.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
am not doing this anymore!.
Tonight am the last man standing.
Tonight am the one smiling.
Tonight am letting it all burn,
stay here, keep watch
till am sure its forever gone.
Tonight I seize being insecure,
Tonight I burn my skeletons
and this disgusting addiction,
Tonight am watching it burn,
Down to the very Ashes!
©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club