Nothing for granted

Tic Toc
Am watching the clock
Count away on that wall,
Listening to those
screams get loud:
the kidnappers said
they will let us go,
now 4hrs are gone
and hope is diminishing
with every tic toc,
am now on my knees
talking to God,
making amends with my soul
lest this be my last day,
2hrs ago, I had hope
now that wall
Is filled with cracks
It’s only bound to fall.
I have watched enough movies
to gauge my chances of survival,
and with every tic toc
things aren’t looking good at all.
at least I know I will be missed
and my poetry will leave on,
at least I can see why
we should appreciate what
and who we have
every single day
we are blessed with,
a simple thank you,
a warm greeting,
appreciate someone today.
©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club