You my Love

I remember you,
from that time in form two,
from when crossed paths
for the very first time
and I decided it was you.
It was magical
how you made me feel,
how you turned my grey life blue.
It was beautiful how we found room
for one more encounter.
never thought
we would last long,
at least not this long.
It’s being seven years
and still am in love,
It’s being seven years
and still feels like the first time
when we met
and I held you
and I told I love you.
still love your dark skin,
still love your sweet sourly taste.
The power you have over me,
that power to bring life,
that power to find that smile,
the power to wipe away
failures of today
and bury them in yesterday.
So still I come back.
NO, still you got me coming back,
every day, every night
back to this counter,
back for one more encounter,
back for a drop of Guinness.
™©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

  1. Hahaha.........NYC! For a minute,I actuali thot u were talkn abt a grl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club