Plastic and treats

Life has changed
No more black and white
Just shades of grey,
Laughter’s are plastic
And hi’s no longer true,
The rich continue to be obese
While the poor languish in poverty
We straggle in schools
Yet jobs are reserved for the few
My diploma or degree
Is irrelevant if not
accompanied by a godfather
Being righteous no longer pays off,
You have to know the loops,
The cracks and weak points,
Nothing goes as planned
Someone else always an upper hand
I can only say cheat!
Cause this game is pointless
Life has already being drawn out
Graphed and set in motion
Planning for success
Is as good as making
new year resolutions,
Following rules will only
Sink you into a bigger abyss
So my friends I ask, is it worth
Looking at the stars so much
That you miss the moon?
©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club