In The Ghetto

What do they care,
when they dare....
to come into my home full of greed?
Just THEIR need!!!
This, I’ve guessed, THEIR POSSESSED!!!!
Is it someone I know?
Should I stay? Should I go?
Will I ever be sure I’m secure?
It’s hard to find...peace of mind...
in the ghetto...
A lifeless life, full of strife.
Dirty dealings,
no real feelings.
N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E...
N-E-V-E-R give...
Unpure hearts who tear apart
your life and theirs...
Because they have none,...
because they want some.
They want your things.
Perhaps your rings!!
Or better yet, they want to get
your peace of mind,
a PRECIOUS find.
Because they have none,...
because they want some.
No life, low life, puny ghetto rats,
I think you stink!!
Why don’t you think?!!
There ARE other ways to make a living.
Instead of taking, just try giving.
Fill that void inside of you
with something new.
Try out love and try out peace.
Or at least,
try to remember that we, the others,
we’re your sisters
and we’re your brothers.
So, while you grow fatter
on we, who don’t matter,
and we’re growing thin,
losing ours, so you win;
remember,...
our life’s no game,
we have a name.
We, the others,
we’re Your Sisters
and we’re Your Brothers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club