what?s it like inside of me?

What’s it like inside of me?

The inner bit that’s rarely seen

Sometimes I give out just a smidgeon

See how the reaction is

Do you have the ability?

Can you cope?

Is it safe?

Is NOW the time?

Do I have the skills yet?

Do I have a safety net?

Each time I tried to reach out

Next time will be harder there’s no doubt

And then along comes someone who sees a bit

And tries to fix that little bit

Then gets annoyed and gives up

They hear one note and think they know the song

And lash out when they are wrong

The silent screaming is at the wrong pitch for them



What’s it like inside of me?

Deep inside where it’s hard to see

Surrounded and hidden by a light so bright

Hiding away the pain, fear, hurt and shame

Described as tight as a clam but that’s not quite right

More like an iceberg. Mrs 90% that’s my name

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club