Letting go 2010.

ever since my parents passed away,
I have survived under faith,
praying every day,
reading the bible and
following your ways.
but dear God,
my problems never fade away.
I am glad to have a roof over my head
and somewhere to rest my head
but at what cost God?
every night my Uncle collects his rent
and in the morning my aunt is there
to beat the little left of me,
I have become their all-round slave
every day I endure their torture,
abuse and inhumanity,
dear God, am barely 14
and have nothing to smile about
every day I relieve this silent anguish,
am drained out God,
drained of hope, drained of peace,
drained of tomorrow,
I smile to hide the cold truth,
I smile to hide the abyss of sorrow.
Every day I wake up to find things the same
and today, he came again
my legs still hurt, my groin bleeds
yet I have to wake up early
and prepare breakfast
for his family.
Dear God, today is the last day of the year
and I beg you give me a pitiful ear
I pray you end my tribulations
pray you wipe my tears.
before we close to the New Year
I pray you rest my soul in peace
I pray this cause am coming home
I pray this cause am coming to my parents.
©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club