Abstract Intimidation.

I met an old friend,
Smiled back at her nostalgic smile,
Smiled at our past encounters,
“Queen of the serpents”
She was known as
The lady with the steel cold will.
We exchanged pleasantries,
Learnt a few bout our currents
In her words I took advice,
She said,” dear friend,
If you could touch the horizon
You are near your journeys end”
Like holy matrimony
And laws in a vacuum
She said “life is fight, whether
dirty or clean
It’s a fight at the end of the day”
Marriage and mistrust
Is as similar as
Love and intimate surprises.
So today I parted ways
Wiser in my socks
Brighter in my thoughts
Lif has a way of paying its due
And that’s why I know
Tomorrow will not be as tough
As today was,
So today I parted ways
With a lady with a larger crown
Than respect and royal pride.
©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club