No image in the mirror.

Last week i decided to take some time out from blogging,tweeting,facebooking and most importantly writting poems but truth be told,I couldnt stay away from poetry (performing or writting).on 22nd jan 2010 i.e.last saturday,I was part of the performing act at Hisia Zangu Poetry Bonfire edition.The event was Titanic,i was humbled by the immense talent showcased that night,from Cedrics social political piece to El Poets love piece,street poetry by Murathe and Vintage poem by the Traveller,there were sensual poems by Alma and thrilling poems by Julz,Cathrine Brogan gave us an Irish poem as Kaffy presented his reckon poem,Orato told us why we may witness post election violence again as Namatsi stayed in tune with needless pain,Wamathai figuratively showcased his love piece and the night flocked with inspiration.Every person who stood on that stage gave me a reason as to why I should stay true to the Art,and this morning i have found out why I cant see my reflection in the mirror.I have seen that I was too busy perfecting the Art that I forgot to turn on the lights in my dressing room.i.e. I was crowded by what people will think and say about my poetry that I forgot why I begun writting initialy.So am turning on the lights and if I still wont see my image in the mirror I will move the mirror outside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club