Out Of Love.

In my life,
I have found one fault in the world,
A sad wailing sound
From the arrogance of our nature,
I have stepped back, searched and found
That we continue to wound
Those we dearly hold in our hearts

Every day we are blessed
Being with our loved ones
Is a beautiful curse
Yet somehow
We hide in the dark
Lie and cheat on our better half,
If that’s not enough,
We replace love with utter scum

Am at a loss of words
With the depth of hurt,
Am dawned with pity
To those who take love for granted.

Am not running back to you,
Am not going to learn to take pain for love
Am walking away
Knowing I loved you
But got pain in return

I may not be okay now
But will leave today
To make it tomorrow
Where the future will be different
From your hurt
Different from your lies.
©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club