Beautiful

Today I saw this girl,
Beautiful beyond measure in this world,
She come running behind me,
Not to me
But towards me,

She was a street urchin,
One of those my society call
‘chokoras’
She was from a street family
Down at globe round-a-about.

Her smile behind her dirty locks,
Her sway in her somewhat jeans,
She was a different type of beautiful,
Not classy or sophisticated but, beautiful.

Her gentle roughness,
Her skin complexion,
Despite the world she leaves in
She managed to convince me of a different human nature.

One with no boundaries of love,
One not blind to beauty,
One where we can be brothers
And never find any boundaries.

We are all children of the earth,
Born into different paths
But once in a while
Meet our alternate others.

Learn to love,
To Pick up a brother from a ditch,
Learn to be polite
And to live as one, everyday steadily in this life.
And we can find beauty and love in the least of expected places.
™©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club