Guilty conscience.

Heee,dunia ina mambo,
My friend,and of course you my enemy,
I have been a mboch(or you wazungus its househelp) here for three years,
Ngapi?tatu,
Yu know at first i was full of fear,
I used to drench myself in tears
Back when...no i haven’t started the story right,

Every night,
Mr.nyumba over here
Comes home late obviously drunk,
After been in the house for mere minutes
I could here something,
Yu know a loud thud
A kaboom kind of thud,
At first i thought it was a drum or a tank
To my astonishment
It was what i have come to learn is marital warfare
Otherwisely called love till death do you a part.

The funny thing is that
the woman never looked bruised,
then it hit me..ooooh
it is Mr man getting the beating,
every night he come home late at night
he was received with a slap and an upper cut,
damn!!
So this day i gathered courage to ask Mr man why all this,
Psst i was dressed in that ancient armour war gear
Pillow kwa mgongo na moja ndani ya tisho hapa mbele.

Mr man looks at me with that Hollywood look,
Trying to enforce that its all good
He be the man straight up G,
But after some venting he spoke
Narrated to me how the wife turned a demon
after she failed to conceive
And she blames him f tor hat,
So what bout the drinking,
He simply replied
At least it takes away that pain, the bitter memory
He cant hit her back,
She will be there next morning with FIDA
and some well fed boys in blue,
Take him away, lock him up
And she will inherit everything he owns,
So he persevere the beating,
Swallowing the slaps and insult
Till gender based violence will quit having
that itchy double standards!!.
™©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club