Same Old

They always say change is what we need but I just see the same old faces,
same old politicians holding rallies in the same old places,
same old criminals in public office's shoes - same old laces,
same old broken promises being made using the same old phrases,
Brand new voters, still choosing to re-elect the same old liars,
we want peace but they ignite the dying embers of the same old fires,
forging false alliances for political survival,
now they best friends? a few months ago they were fierce rivals,
I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old stories,
Come election time I still have the same old worries,
they can't quell my fears and I don't trust that lot,
In my books we should take a stand and just oust that lot,
"haki yetu!!" I'm tired of that same old song,
Cause it doesn't change them, and quite frankly we've waited far too long,
and to be honest my patience is wearing thin,
if it wasn't for these retrogressive leaders I can't help but wonder where we could've been
I'm tired of these same old geezers always lying to us,
right now they top the list of human beings Cee L declines to trust.
™Charles Lwande.all rights reserved to ©CL Friday, April 15, 2011 at 2:31pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club