ITS YOU & I.

Sometimes we say
we’ll we ever meet?
Sometimes we ask
how long could it be?
sometimes we say
will a miracle ever happen?
sometimes we say and wonder
what’s in store for us?
but we are together again,
close your eyes it’s not a lie,
close your eyes it’s you and I.

Sometimes we walk and tire
and at night it’s time to sleep
but before that we sit and think
of a world that wash, and full of tricks,
sometimes we meet, say hi and vanish,
sometimes we meet say see you and promise,
sometimes we cry, sometimes we smile
but it’s a surprise for you and me
and the maker up in the sky
close your eyes it’s not a lie,
close your eyes it’s you and I.

It was destiny for you and I
to ever be high in the sky
amongst the sun and on the clouds.
a blossoming bud that’s you and I
that we’ll ever be aiming high,
with life as our strength
and no dream out of reach.

and the top we’ll forever sing
we are the stars that people see
close your eyes it’s not a lie
close your eyes it’s you and I.
™©Mwangi Njoroge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club