Two Face.

It’s been a long journey
getting up here,
finding the right smiles
to hide this tears,
finding the right faces
to musk my fears.

They said I couldn’t make it,
pointed at me gossiping,
they thought they were whispering
or at least I thought out of their courtesy,

After I quit varsity
and had no friend
to help me pull my life back together
I drove back home,

To the house of Njoroge,
where I had run away,
I had found it boring once
that I wanted to start my own life,

My mother took me back in,
gave me food,
gave me shelter,
She loved me like I never left them,

I had a chance to think,
See life under a different spectrum,
I learnt to rebuild myself from scratch,
Learnt to love and respect myself from the inside out.

7 months later
am back on my feet,
they grind their teeth,
make little groans
whenever I pass by.

they look at me in envy
talk loudly of me in respect,
an year ago I was there clown,
the out casted prince from his crown


I remember their sneers,
how they loathed and jeered,
now they are busting my cell phone
texting and asking for help!
Life is a bitch, so am serving it the same cold dish!
™©Mwangi Njoroge

Comments

  1. the journey of 1000miles begins with one step. keep walking :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club