Darker Nights.

We have always being friends,
started out as best friends,
build castles in the sand
and danced in the rain.

We discovered teenage hood,
learnt its hops and hoops,
we run on beaches
and engraved our names on trees.

Now you’ve met him,
slowly closing him in
and locking me out,
It hurts but am constantly smiling.

I hear plan of weddings
of you the bride
and o bride maids.
My tongue is so heavy,-but

I have always loved you,
always stuck by you,
now I stand here hopeless
watching you take your vows,

Today you smile,
looking beautiful
In your wedding gown,
here I smile, yet my heart dawns.

I have always loved you
always thought
you will be my boo,
now my skies are grey, no longer blue.

Go into your mans arms,
go to your home,
I will take care of my heartache,
I will understand you are married.
™©Mwangi Njoroge.
*to JNG**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Ex.

The 99% Club